Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I CAN.......

I can't walk fast.           I can't run.         I can't get the ladder out and clean the gutters.

I can't use the post hole digger.         I can't lift over 3 lbs without triggering my movements.

I can't reach both hands up at the same height.   I can't raise my right leg.    I can't stop moving.

I can't walk far.         I can't stand long.           I can't have a day with no pain.      I can't sleep well.

I can't work in my yard like I use to.    I can't drive far.

                                                                                   I can't get the groceries.         I can't sing.


BUT....................................................
                                                                               
                                          I CAN................................................


I can sit.
                I can pick up my grand daughter.
                                                                                 I can laugh.
                                                                                                 
 I can hold a child on my lap.

I can sing with my grand daughter.  She doesn't mind if I can't reach the high notes anymore.

I can hug my kids.
                                  I can talk. 

                                I can tell my family and friends that I love them.


I can kiss my husband.      I can hold hands.      I can walk.       I can stand.


I can see.
                 I can touch.
                                       I can write.
                                                            I can speak.
                                                                                  I can cry.
                                                                                                    I can forgive.
                                                                                                                             I can love.
                         I CAN......


I can trust in the God who loves me.

I can believe the Word of God when it says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

I can know that the God of the Bible is the same God that's in my heart.

I can surrender to the God who died for me.

I can accept this path because He holds me.


I can.
                       I will. 
                                              I am.



Can you?