Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Card

My husband for almost 29 years gave me the sweetest Mother's Day card.  The message was so perfect for us.  My husband, Robert, has never forgotten to buy a card for any special holiday or occassion.  God put us together through a mutual friend.  We agreed to meet on a blind date March 21, 1981.  On that first awkward date we knew we were ment for each other.  By the first of April Robert asked me to marry him.  In the month of May he gave me an engagement ring.  We chose a month that would have the 21st on a Friday.  That month was August. 

On August 21, 1981 I married the love of my life.  Through the years we've been through some hard times.  But we've had more happy than sad.  For that I am so grateful.  The Lord has given us 5 beautiful children.  We have been truly blessed.

This Mother's Day I want to share the card my husband gave me...

For My Wife

Hand in hand, we've met
life's changes
and challenges.
Side by side, we've shared
our most precious dreams.
Together, we've made
a beautiful family
and a loving
and lasting partnership
we both can depend on.

On Mother's Day
and every day.
I hope you know that I grow
more in love with you each year
and more thankful that you are
my wife, my love,
and my very best friend.

Love Robert

No comments: